Bulk oil buying
Welcome to Shropshire Rural Community Council’s county-wide bulk oil-buying scheme. We’re sure you’ll find it saves you money – and you can be sure it’s reducing carbon emissions, reducing the number of tankers in your village and helping Shropshire's RCC, the county’s leading rural charity, to support rural communities across Shropshire. This is how it will work:-
- Once a month, SRCC will e-mail you to ask you if you want to order any fuel and will tell you the deadline date by which you need to order it. The deadline for orders is 12 noon on the second Thursday of each month. The delivery should be within 5-10 days of your order. Please note: Next deadlines are 12 July, 9 August, 13 September, 11 October, 8 and 29 November.
- If you wish to place an order, you complete the scheme member's order form and send it back by e-mail to Shropshire RCC. You do not need to wait until the deadline to do this.
- After we have negotiated the very best possible price, you will receive an e-mail telling you approximately when the delivery will be made (for example, ‘in the week beginning 4th’) and how much the oil will cost.
- Then it’s over to you. Only if you have indicated on your membership form you need to be present for delivery, will the oil supplier will get in touch with you directly to confirm the delivery date and time. Otherwise your order will be delivered in the usual way.
- In the unlikely event that there is a problem with your delivery, please make sure the co-ordinator knows as soon as possible.
- You pay the oil supplier in the normal way. Please note that oil suppliers generally have credit limits of £750, so this means that larger orders may require at least part payment before or on delivery. The supplier would contact you if this is the case.
- The price will not change from the date of placing the order to the date of delivery, so you should never pay the supplier more than your co-ordinator has told you!
- You have the opportunity to buy with the bulk oil order which is placed each month during the year so that you can take advantage of the group buying power, and there will be no additional membership fee.
If you wish to take advantage of this scheme, please contact Elizabeth Thain at Shropshire RCC.