Some circular walks within Pulverbatch
There are many good walks for humans and animals within the footpath network of the parish, encompassing hills, old mines, byways and verdant pastures. Some are listed below:
- The White Horse to Cothercott Hill; A circular walk of about 3 miles. Allow around 2 hours. Some hills, and boots are required as it can be quite boggy on the way back. You may park in the pub car park or in the bailey for the castle. You can see a photo gallery of this walk or print out a walking guide here.
When out and about in the country always follow the Countryside Code. Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work:
- Guard against all risk of fire.
- Fasten all gates.
- Keep your dogs under close control.
- Keep to public paths across farmland.
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences, hedges and walls.
- Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone.
- Take your litter home.
- Help keep all water clean.
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees.
- Take special care on country roads.
- Make no unnecessary noise.